My first connection is connected to the part when Brian had to make a shelter. My grandparents are on a search & rescue team and they tought me how to make a shelter that would protect me from wind & rain.
My second connection is connected to the part when Brian had to look for food. In the Hunger Games Katniss Everdeen had to look for food & water to survive.
My third & final connection is connected to when the fish were jumping in & out of the water. Once I was fishing in central Oregon and the same thing happened.
Cool! I would want that job!!
ReplyDeleteHatchet is an awesome book! Did you notice that the only difference between reading here and reading there is that there has an extra t?!
ReplyDeleteGood. I have read Hatchet too. really great book!
ReplyDeleteI want to read hatchit sooooo much but I just dont have the time. I like how you connected to The Hunger Games! Your background makes my brain hurt, I feel like I have been doing math all day!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteNice connections!
ReplyDeletesame fia it hurts
ReplyDeleteHi Reese,
ReplyDeleteNice connections! Love the book. Didn't that part with Brian making a shelter also remind you of the 5th grade overnight? That was a fun trip and building shelters was my favorite. I learned a lot like the rule of 3. Fishing is lots of fun, I wanted to read more about that experience for you. Don't be afraid to elaborate more on your connections. Do you think you could survive out in the woods like Brian or Katniss? I think I could, but I don't know if I could survive the Hunger Games. Keep up the good work and I LOVE your background. Bamboo is very peaceful.